How To Set Up A Portable Monitor For An Instant Second Screen
The Benefits Of A Second Monitor
For anyone who is a gaming enthusiast, work-from-home professional, or a regular PC user in general, then purchasing a portable second monitor is a more than worthwhile investment. The advantages associated with having multiple laptop screens/computer monitors are endless, not least when it comes to ensuring that you are multitasking as efficiently as possible.
Constantly switching between tabs or minimizing and maximizing windows can be frustrating, but fortunately, there is an incredibly straightforward solution. In the following article, we’re going to be explaining how you can effortlessly set up a second monitor for your laptop or computer.
Portable Monitors vs. External Monitors
An external monitor is essentially a stand-alone screen and it will be quite similar to your main monitor if you have a PC, complete with a stand and cables. One of the main problems with an external monitor, however, is that it has to be confined to your desk.
Once you have set everything up, it would be far too much trouble to move it around on a regular basis. Since it has no portability, you’re confined to using a second external monitor in a single location. Whilst external monitors are certainly a viable option, portable monitors have since emerged as a much more effective and desirable alternative.
Primarily, portable monitors can be frequently moved around without hassle or inconvenience. It is as simple as attaching a portable monitor to your laptop or taking it to a PC at a particular location.
Whether you are traveling, commuting or going to see someone, they give you the flexibility to be as productive as you want to be regardless of where you are. What’s more, with this laptop sleeve, you can ensure that your laptop and your portable monitor are protected throughout your journey.
How To Set Up Second Monitor To Desktop
Technology is always rapidly evolving, and second monitors are a particularly exciting innovation. Despite their sophisticated specifications, they couldn’t be more straightforward to set up:
- First and foremost, connect your second monitor to a power outlet and an available port on your PC.
- Right-click on your desktop and select ‘Display Settings’. Your desktop will automatically detect both monitors.
- Use your desktop to arrange the positioning of the monitors so that they reflect their actual positioning on your desk. For example, if your second monitor is to the right then you should adjust your desktop’s configuration accordingly.
- Then, you will have to select the appropriate settings on your desktop so that you can extend your PC’s display to your second monitor.
- In order to prevent your screens from mirroring each other, find the ‘Multiple Displays’ box in your desktop’s ‘Display Settings’. Ensure that ‘Extend These Displays’ is selected for each monitor, and not just one.
- Choose which monitor will be your primary and which one will be your secondary. You can also adjust settings such as the graphics and resolution until they are to your liking.
Overall, a stand-alone second monitor is perfect for those who game, work or study in the same place every day and require more screen real estate. If you are regularly moving around or traveling from one location to another, however, then a more portable and flexible option is the right choice for you.
How To Set Up A Second Monitor
A portable second monitor offers the best of both worlds. It provides the extra screen real estate and efficiency of an external stand-alone monitor, whilst also having additional perks such as portability, convenience and increased productivity. Within minutes, you can set up your second monitor with your laptop:
- Depending on the portable monitor you choose, they can be attached with magnets or clips.
- If your portable monitor has clips, fasten the clips onto your laptop and snap the portable monitor in place. Then, connect the two devices with the provided data cable.
- With magnets, on the other hand, just align your portable monitor with the back of your laptop. It will instantly magnetize your laptop.
- In either case, you will then have to adjust and configure your settings so that the resolution, brightness, graphics and orientation are to your liking.
- The Trio Max by Mobile Pixels offers two additional screens that can be attached with either clips or magnets, offering an amazing triple screen experience.
Generally, a portable monitor is a perfect solution for anyone who values flexibility and convenience. If you want the luxury of choosing where you work, without any restrictions or troubles, then a portable monitor is the ultimate choice.
It can be used effortlessly in any situation, whether you are constantly traveling or commuting, you have a hybrid working model, or you are always switching from one device to another. Read the following article for a more in-depth comparison of portable vs desktop monitors.
Why You Should Invest In A Portable Second Monitor
Regardless of whether you are a working professional, student, traveler, avid gamer, or tech enthusiast, a portable second monitor is a brilliant way for you to make the most of your electronics. It is the ultimate choice if specifications and performance are important to you, but you are also always on the go, so you value portability and convenience as well.
You will be able to achieve a truly seamless workflow wherever and whenever you may be, whereas with an external stand-alone monitor, you will be confined to one space. A portable second monitor, on the other hand, will ensure that you are never bound by location again and will truly enhance your overall user experience when it comes to your laptop.