Streaming content online has gained more popularity recently, so also streaming monitors as they are a vital contributor to the whole streaming experience. In a market where high latency, buffering, downtime, low response rate, speed runs could lead to a damaged relationship with the audience, monitors for streaming have been designed with more intentionality to serve the streaming needs of demanding content creators, gamers, video consumers for a seamless streaming experience.
If you are new to the whole streaming game or you simply want to step up your streaming workstation, we have put together a roundup of the best monitors for streaming to get you started.
Types of Streaming Monitors
There are different types of streamer monitors based primarily on their capacity, number of monitors and the overall streaming experience they deliver.
Single Monitor for Streaming:
Streaming with a single monitor is possible but it is however not advisable for effectiveness. As a viewer, this is no hassle but as a streamer, you’ll need to manage your stream, the chatbox, and the in-app settings when you go live and this may result in clumsy and mismanaged content with a single monitor. It also does not help with viewers engagement to switch between windows to check your stream status. However, with some hacks, you can work around streaming with your single monitor efficiently.
Dual Monitor Streaming:
Without a doubt, a dual monitor setup for your streaming would refine your workflow and gaming experience. It doubles your productivity and experience in comparison to a single monitor setup. One monitor can be used solely for streaming while the second could be used for to read chats, manage streams and collaborations. However, for seamless integration, ensure that both monitors are either the same model or different models with similar capabilities and features.
Triple Monitor Streaming:
Simply put, a triple monitor streaming setup is one that has three monitors oriented in any formation and attached usually by HDMI, DisplayPort, VGA, DVI, or Thunderbolt 3 by being used at the same time. A three-monitor streaming setup allows gamers, traders and streamers higher levels of productivity and versatility. Now, you can effectively have different tabs running at the same time and still interact freely with your audience.
Stacked Monitor Streaming:
A stacked monitor streaming setup has two or more monitors placed on top of each other or hinged to each other vertically. This configuration allows you increase your screen real estate, maximize your desk space, juggle multiple tasks at ones and is more ergonomic than just a single monitor or horizontally connected dual monitors.
Advantages of Streaming Monitors
Whether it is YouTube streaming or Twitch streaming or video conferencing, streaming monitors have proven to be the effective way to go for quality content and overall seamless streaming experience. Here are some sure advantages to getting streaming monitors:
- Increased Screen Real Estate: This is a perk that comes with more than one monitor. The extra screen real estate allows you the a wider viewing range and a more realistic feel to the gameplay or streaming experience.
- Improved Multitasking: With multiple monitor setup, you can now embrace immersive gameplay while leaving an additional monitor all to yourself to multitask. You have the freedom to browse, walk through games and presentations and also respond to chats from your viewers in real time.
- Better Viewing Experience: Streaming monitors when combined correctly give you a higher quality viewing experience in terms of input quality, contrast, HD screen interaction and generally an enhanced gaming experience.
- Customizable Workspace: Streaming with laptops is definitely constricting and challenging because of their small screens. However, with multiple streaming monitors,you can declutter your workspace and organize your desktop space to your taste without the constrain of screen space. You can also connect your laptop and mobile phone when needed.
- Enhanced Productivity: Streaming monitors help with enhanced productivity by reducing downtime and increasing flexibility. They also help to increase streamflow, speed and optimize stream performance. It allows you the flexibility of displaying more content and running several applications at once while reducing distractions.
- Improved Engagement with Audience: Streaming monitors make collaborations and communication easier than ever. Now you can keep in touch with your viewers in real time without compromising the quality of your stream.
Factors to Consider When Choosing a Streaming Monitor
Now, you are convinced that getting a streaming monitor or more than one is going to elevate your streaming experience. However, before you head to the store to purchase a monitor for streaming, here are some details to bear in mind:
- Resolution: For streaming purposes, a high-resolution and accurate color accuracy is a must-have for an optimum display experience. A resolution of 1080p or higher and wide color gamuts is the best recommendation.
- Panel Type: Low-quality panel build leads to backlight bleeding and ghosting, which can be distracting for your audience. It's essential to choose a monitor with a high-quality panel type
- Refresh Rate: A refresh rate of 60Hz or higher is recommended for a smooth and fluid streaming experience. For dual or triple streaming monitors, it is not compulsory for all monitors to have the same resolution or refresh rate but ensure that they are properly aligned or compatible for optimum streaming.
- Input Lag: Input lag is defined as the time usually in secs that it takes for your actions to appear on the screen in real time. The lower the input lag, the better the real-time streaming experience for the streamers and the viewers.
- Size and Weight: For a more immersive streaming experience for the audience, a screen size of 24 inches or larger is usually recommended. Also take into consideration the bezel width and weight for multiple monitor setup. It is best to always pair same-sized monitors for a balanced experience.
- Price: The price for streaming monitors varies based on their specifications and the manufacturer. Usually monitors for streaming are within the low range of $150 and could also be as high as $500 or more. Always ensure you take reviews so you get the best fit for your budget and your streaming specifications.
Best Monitor For Streaming On the Market
To make your streaming monitor search easier, we have done our research and curated a list of best streaming monitors for each category in the market in 2023. Take a look at them below:
Best Single Monitor for Streaming: ASUS ROG Swift PG279QZ
Top on the list for this category is the ASUS ROG Swift PG279QZ. This streaming monitor features:
- A 27 inch 2K WQHD (2560 x 1440) resolution display
- World-first 165Hz refresh rate
- IPS technology for wide 178-degree viewing angles and lifelike gaming visuals
- NVIDIA®G-SYNC™ technology for seamless visuals and smooth gameplay
- Flicker-Free, GamePlus, and GameVisual technologies provide a comfortable gaming experience
- Ergonomically-designed stand with full tilt, swivel, pivot, and height adjustment for comfortable viewing position
- ASUS-exclusive Ultra-Low Blue Light
Best Dual Screen Monitors for Streaming: Duex Max
If you are looking to double your streaming productivity and your game wins, you need not look further,the Duex Max is the missing piece for your streaming station. It features:
- Large 14.1" Full-HD Display with a 1080p resolution
- Lightweight with durable materials at just 1.8 pounds to aid mobility
- Auto rotation for landscape mode, portrait mode, presentation mode, eye care mode or kickstand mode
- Easy compatibility with any laptop or device, including a Nintendo Switch and select Android phones, via USB-C or USB-A connection
Best Triple Screen Monitors for Streaming: Trio Max
Level up your streaming game with the MP Trio Max. These monitor features are sure to turn any streaming station around:
- 1" Full HD screen interface for a better experience
- 1080P Auto rotation display for different orientation
- Tri-screen mode available
- Eye care mode
- Compatible with macOS, Windows, Android smartphones and Nintendo Switch
Best Stacked Monitors for Streaming: Geminos
Call it the stacked streaming luxury if you would, the Geminos is an outstanding ergonomic streaming monitor made just for you. It features:
- Dual 24-inch stacked monitor
- USB Type C connectivity with max. 100W power delivery
- 10-in-1 multiport docks
- Built-in webcam, speakers and mic
- Adjustable height and viewing angle
- Compatible with macOS, Windows, XBox and Playstation
In conclusion, you can only share your gaming adventures or give a seamless streaming experience to your audience with the right streaming monitors. Invest in the best and watch your productivity soar.