Graphic Design Tools and Equipment: Essential Tools for Graphic Designers
Graphic design is currently an in-demand soft skill, so we've listed some of the best graphic design tools and equipment for anyone who’s looking to enter the field or just upgrade their gadgets. Whether you’re a beginner or looking to be the flag bearer in this industry, these tools and equipment are a must-have.
With the market for these apps and devices being bigger than ever, more and more seem to be launching each day. Here, we've listed some that you don’t want to miss out on!
Essential Tools for Graphic Designers
Software and Online Tools
We understand that it can be overwhelming to track your progress and workload. Your design may need to undergo various stages before its finally approved. For this, you can use different software such as ProofHub that makes it a hassle-free task to manage your work.
Some of the most in-demand software include Adobe Suite, which has become an industry standard with desktop publishing programs like Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign. With great tutorials, excellent customer service, a creative cloud, and integration within other Adobe tools, the Adobe Suite is any graphic designer's primary choice.
Then there are other paid options too:
- Canva Pro - Even the unpaid version of Canva is great for an overall approach to marketing, branding, social media content creation, and infographics. But the paid version, with its additive benefits of access to unlimited stock images, resizing, and content scheduling, make the in-app purchases worth it.
- Affinity Designer - Compatible with M.A.C. Windows and the iPad, this software is a worthy competitor for Adobe Illustrator. Its user-friendly interface and time-saving tools make it a good budget option without compromising on quality.
- Procreate - This app is any digital artist’s dream come true. Its 200 customizable brushes and finishing filters have proven to be a hit with the users.
Don’t have enough savings to buy the software? No worries! You don’t necessarily need to spend tons of dollars to learn this skill. There are some free options like Lunacy, Canva, and GIMP as well.
Other digital tools
- If you want to practice free-hand designing or get the feel of old-school paper-pen sketching, then you can try virtual sketching apps.
- Want to keep all your designs safe and have a portfolio? Get cloud storage for your designs.
- To share files with your clients, Dropbox or WeTransfer are must-haves.
- Don't forget to install productivity software to make it easier to keep track of your projects organized and schedule meetings.
The Best Graphic Design Technology
- Laptops - Of course, a good gadget can make all the difference. Your design may be a 10/10, but with low-resolution graphics, it’d only look average. A laptop will be more convenient if you travel around often as it offers more portability. However, a desktop will be a better option if space/higher resolution is your priority.
- Hard drive - A hard drive makes it hassle-free to store your files or use as backup storage. It's one of the most essential tools for graphic designers.
- Touchscreen devices - Want to take your editing and design creation game to the next level? Investing in a touchscreen device would be one of your decisions. A touchscreen monitor is a better option than a standard laptop. One of the finest touchscreen devices is the GLANCE Pro, which has an OLED display and ultra-sharp image details.
- Drawing stylus - These can be a magic wand for graphic designers. These high-tech pen tools make it easier to use your touchscreen device as an unlimited canvas.
While choosing the best graphic designing software suited to your needs, it’s best to be mindful of your budget, business objectives, client needs, and what functionality you require. We hope this guide makes it easier for you to choose the most suitable graphic design tools and equipment.
Learn more about how you can create with Mobile Pixels.