Almost everyone is aware of the productivity and efficacy of dual monitors. Monitors such as Dual monitors from Mobile Pixels have multitasking abilities. It can also boost the productivity of its users. But with the advancement of technology, dual monitors have different arrangements and features.
Stacked monitors are gaining so much popularity due to their convenient arrangement. Stacked monitors are set up so that one is positioned on the other. So, instead of looking side to side, you can have a symmetrical vertical setup. It can make your work much easier and more convenient.
This article will sum up all the information related to stacked articles. It will also explain how stacking monitors on top of each other can benefit its users.
Benefits of a Vertical Stacked Monitor Setup
The main reason to use stacked monitors instead of horizontal versions is to save space and time. It also increases productivity. People usually have a compact workspace, and a vertical setup can benefit them. Not everyone can invest in a corner desk or a spare room for our monitor setup.
For this reason, vertically stacked monitors are here to benefit you. Here are some of the highlighting benefits of such setups. They are:
Studies have shown that users of stacked monitor setup tend to complete their work quicker with more accuracy. The major reason is the reduced need to switch windows or even glance. Stacked monitors can surely increase the productivity of their users. It can also save up the time of its users.
Reduced Neck Strain
People with constant screen work usually experience neck and shoulder strain. Vertical monitor setups that are mounted properly can reduce neck strains.
You can easily have a wider working area without even moving your neck. They are ideal for encouraging controlled body movements.
Another prominent benefit of such setups is their ability to fit in smaller spaces than a horizontal monitor. They are mounted on each other, and you don't need any wider spaces to benefit from these setups.
We all know that horizontal screens have peripheral vision and are unsuitable for those needing curved screens and multi-monitor setups. Stacked monitors would be a fair choice and fulfill all the demands of such users. It's best for finance, creative productions, and other operations.
How to Stack Monitors on Top of Each Other
A well-mounted stacked monitor setup is important. A little carelessness can cause various issues. These issues could be neck strain, chaos, and confusion while working. But, there are two main ways to install stacked monitors.
- Stacked Monitors with stand
- Stacked monitors using arm mounts
Keep reading this article to learn the setup of these two ways and why to choose them.
One-Piece Vertical Stacked Dual Monitors with Stand
It's a simple setup that doesn't need any arms or support. It's a straight pole that positions two monitors easily on each other. You can set the height of these monitors, such as Geminos Stacked Monitors, or even tilt them as you desire.
In some cases, a gas spring allows more flexibility and support for the monitors. Adjust them according to your convenience and avail their benefits as much as possible.
Stacked Monitors using Arm Mounts
Stacked monitor using arm mounts has their benefits. Less dark real estate utilization has a separate advantage. Moreover, these kinds of setups are easier on the neck and shoulders. It keeps everything nice and symmetrical.
VESA standards and mounts are essential elements for a perfect stacked monitor setup. Make sure to consider other factors, such as:
Right Two Monitors with VESA: Ensure the monitor is compatible with VESA mounts. Size, weights, and resolution are important factors to consider before choosing VESA for your stacked monitors. For gamers, there are other factors, including time and response.
How to Choose the Right VESA Mount: Here are some ways to choose a suitable VESA mount for your monitors. They are:
- Choose a VESA mount that can support the weight and size of your monitor.
- Don't forget to adjust the mount's height, tilt, and swivel angle. See if it can rotate the screen from landscape to portrait mode.
- Remember the available space of your desk and choose the mount according to it.
- VESA mount should have a cable management system. ‘
- Choose a mount that is budget-friendly and fulfilling all your requirements and needs.
How to Attach Monitors to the VESA Mount
Once you buy and choose a suitable mount for your stacked monitors, you can attach them with the VESA mount. They are:
- Mount the first monitor by attaching the VESA mount to the back of the first monitor using the screws. Ensure that the mount is secured tightly to your stacked monitor.
- Mount the second monitor and attach the second monitor to the mount using the same procedure as the first monitor.
- Adjust the monitor and mount both monitors. Adjust the height and angle of each monitor as per your requirements.
- Ensure both monitors are level and at the same height to avoid discomfort or neck or eye strain.
- Cable management is important, so use cable ties or clips to organize. Hide the cables for a neat setup.
- Test the setup by turning on both monitors. Check for any issues or misalignments. Adjust the height or angle of the monitors as per your desire.
Tips for Setup the Dual Stacked Monitor
After mounting your stacked monitors with a VESA mount, you must check and ensure it's connected properly. For this reason, here are some tips for setup the dual-stacked monitors. They are:
- Connect both monitors to your computer and ensure your system recognizes them.
- Right-click on your desktop and select "Display settings."
- Under the "Multiple displays" section, choose the "Extend desktop" option. This ensures that the desktop is extended to both monitors.
- Click on one of the monitors. Adjust the resolution, orientation, and scaling as per your need.
- Click on the other monitor and repeat the same adjustments.
- Arrange the monitors by dragging them around on the display settings screen. This is important to match their physical placement in your setup.
- Adjust the orientation of the monitors to either landscape or portrait mode, according to your preference.
- Ensure the monitors are aligned properly. This helps the mouse cursor to move smoothly between them.
- Finally, test your setup by opening various applications. Drag between them to ensure their functioning.
Stacked monitors setup are one of the most convenient forms of monitors. They help users to improve their productivity without consuming extra time. Moreover, its setup is important if you are fully equipped with all the requirements.
We hope this article will provide you with all the information related to stacked monitors. Make sure to consider investing in it in the future.